Converting Artisans Groups into Handicrafts Value Chain Owners
Grassroot Rural Artisan Movement aimed at bringing the unutilized rural hands into the organized labor force of livelihood opportunities. This project was undertaken by the Maharashtra State Innovation Society (MSIS) where Tisser India acted as a facilitation body for market linkages, capacity building, and production.
During the course of the program, we mobilized the rural poor and vulnerable into self-managed federated institutions and support them for livelihood collectives. As a result of our joint efforts, we mobilized 252 women and trained 5 sessions cluster with women making an earning from 3k to 10k on an average, per month.
One of the biggest highlights of this project was the tech intervention with ‘Know your Product, Know your artisan’, where a QR core brings the product to life. With different art forms like Terracotta, Warli, Tussar, and silk in clusters of Raigad, Ratnagiri, Palghar, and Bhandara we not only trained women but gave them market exposure.
Goal: Connect creator and consumer seamlessly, globally through an IT-based value chain, to generate livelihood in a sustainable manner.
Tisser aims to strengthen the handicraft and handloom value chain through ICT innovations by implementing various strategies and initiatives.
Here’s how Tisser can contribute to this goal:Read More
Online Marketplace: Tisser can establish an online marketplace specifically dedicated to showcasing and selling handcrafted and handloom products. This platform can provide artisans with a digital space to display their products, reach a wider customer base, and facilitate direct transactions.
Digital Catalogs and Product Listings: Tisser will create digital catalogs and product listings for artisans, making their products easily accessible and searchable online. This allows customers to explore a wide range of handcrafted products, learn about their unique features, and make informed purchasing decisions.
E-commerce Integration: Tisser will integrate e-commerce capabilities into its platform, enabling artisans to manage their inventory, process orders, and track shipments efficiently. By providing a seamless online shopping experience, Tisser can empower artisans to focus on their craft while streamlining their business operations.
Digital Marketing Support: Tisser offers digital marketing support to artisans, helping them enhance their online presence and promote their products effectively. This can include assistance with social media marketing, search engine optimization, content creation, and online advertising campaigns.
Training and Capacity Building: Tisser will organize training programs and workshops to educate artisans on ICT tools and technologies relevant to the handicraft and handloom sector. This can include training on using online platforms, digital marketing techniques, photography skills for product images, and effective communication with customers through digital channels.
Collaboration with Technology Partners: Tisser has collaborated with technology partners, including software developers, digital marketing agencies, and e-commerce platforms, to leverage their expertise in developing and implementing ICT solutions. This collaboration can help Tisser stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies, ensuring continuous innovation in the handicraft and handloom value chain.
By leveraging ICT innovations, Tisser will empower artisans, expand their market reach, and create sustainable livelihood opportunities. This, in turn, contributes to the growth and development of the handicraft and handloom sector, preserving traditional crafts, and promoting the cultural heritage of India.
Tisser aims to bring value chain stakeholders together on a single platform by implementing a combination of online and offline interventions.
Online Platform: Tisser has established an online platform that serves as a centralized hub for value chain stakeholders, including artisans, weavers, cooperatives, retailers, and consumers. This platform can facilitate seamless communication, collaboration, and transactions between these stakeholders.
Vendor Management System: Tisser has developed a vendor management system on the online platform, enabling artisans and weavers to create profiles, showcase their products, and manage their inventory. This system can also provide retailers and buyers with access to a diverse range of handcrafted products.
Digital Networking and Collaboration: Tisser can foster a digital networking community where value chain stakeholders can connect, collaborate, and share knowledge. This can include forums, discussion boards, and online groups dedicated to specific crafts or regions. Such networking opportunities can facilitate information exchange, idea generation, and collaboration among stakeholders.
Online Training and Skill Development: Tisser is offering online training programs and workshops to enhance the skills and knowledge of artisans and weavers. These training modules can cover topics such as product development, quality standards, marketing strategies, and financial management. Online learning platforms can be utilized to deliver these training sessions effectively.
Offline Events and Workshops: Tisser organizes offline events, workshops, and exhibitions where artisans and weavers can showcase their products, interact with buyers and retailers, and learn about market trends and customer preferences. These events provide valuable networking opportunities and facilitate face-to-face interactions, fostering trust and building relationships among stakeholders.
Supply Chain Integration: Tisser can integrate the supply chain of value chain stakeholders, ensuring smooth and efficient logistics. This can involve establishing partnerships with logistics providers and offering support in packaging, shipping, and order fulfillment.
Market Linkages: Tisser is actively working towards creating market linkages for artisans and weavers, connecting them with potential buyers, retailers, and export markets. This can be achieved through partnerships with retail chains, collaborations with export organizations, and participation in trade fairs and exhibitions.
By bringing value chain stakeholders onto a unified platform and implementing a mix of online and offline interventions, Tisser can enhance collaboration, knowledge sharing, and market access for artisans and weavers. This integrated approach strengthens the entire value chain and contributes to the growth and sustainability of the handicraft and handloom sector.
Tisser aims to empower decentralized production through the implementation of an efficient and effective supply chain.
Here’s how Tisser can achieve this goal: Read More
1. Cluster Development: Tisser can focus on developing clusters of artisans and weavers in specific regions or communities. This approach allows for the concentration of production capabilities and expertise, fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing, and skill development within these clusters.
2. Capacity Building: Tisser can provide training and capacity-building programs to artisans and weavers, focusing on enhancing their skills in various aspects of production, quality control, and design. This empowers them to create high-quality products that meet market demands and standards.
3. Raw Material Access: Tisser can facilitate access to quality raw materials for artisans and weavers. This can involve establishing partnerships with suppliers or connecting them with reliable sources of raw materials. Ensuring a consistent and sustainable supply of materials is crucial for decentralized production.
4. Production Coordination: Tisser can play a role in coordinating and managing the production activities of decentralized units. This includes monitoring production timelines, quality control, and ensuring adherence to design specifications. By providing guidance and support, Tisser helps maintain consistency and efficiency in production.
5. Market Linkages: Tisser can connect decentralized production units with markets and buyers. This involves actively seeking out market opportunities, building relationships with retailers, e-commerce platforms, and other distribution channels. By establishing market linkages, Tisser enables artisans and weavers to access a wider customer base and increase their sales potential.
6. Technology Integration: Tisser can facilitate the adoption of appropriate technologies that enhance production efficiency and product quality. This can include the use of digital tools for inventory management, production tracking, and quality control. By embracing technology, decentralized production units can streamline their operations and meet market demands effectively.
7. Quality Assurance: Tisser can implement quality assurance mechanisms to ensure that products meet the required standards. This can involve conducting regular quality checks, providing feedback and guidance to artisans and weavers, and implementing quality control processes throughout the supply chain.
By empowering decentralized production through a well-established supply chain, Tisser enables artisans and weavers to thrive in their local communities while ensuring a steady flow of high-quality products to the market. This approach promotes economic growth, preserves traditional crafts, and fosters sustainable livelihoods for artisans and weavers.
Tisser recognizes the transformative power of clustering and aims to harness it for profitable growth through an end-to-end supply chain approach.
Here’s how Tisser can achieve this objective: Read More
Market Access: Tisser plays a crucial role in connecting the clustered artisans and weavers with wider market opportunities. This can include establishing partnerships with retailers, e-commerce platforms, and export agencies to expand market reach. Tisser can also support marketing and branding efforts to promote the cluster’s products effectively.
Financial Support: Tisser provides financial support and access to credit facilities for the artisans and weavers within the clusters. This can help them invest in infrastructure, purchase raw materials, and scale up their operations. By ensuring access to finance, Tisser enables sustainable growth and profitability within the clusters.
Monitoring and Evaluation: Tisser implements a robust monitoring and evaluation system to track the performance and impact of clustered enterprises. This allows for data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement in the supply chain processes.
By harnessing the transformative power of clustering and implementing an end-to-end supply chain approach, Tisser enables profitable growth for artisans and weavers. This approach fosters collaboration, innovation, and sustainability within the clusters, driving economic development and creating sustainable livelihoods for the stakeholders involved.