Tisser Approach: Creative Crafts Collaboration Read More
A. Providing Handholding & end-to-end support through the value chain: As part of our commitment to supporting artisans and weavers, Tisser goes beyond just connecting them with customers. They provide handholding and end-to-end support throughout the value chain, ensuring that artisans receive comprehensive assistance at every step of the process.
This support begins with capacity building and skill development programs, where Tisser helps artisans enhance their techniques, refine their craftsmanship, and acquire new skills. By providing training and workshops, Tisser empowers artisans to improve their product quality, innovate, and adapt to changing market demands.
In addition to skill development, Tisser assists artisans in various aspects of the value chain. This includes helping them source raw materials, ensuring access to reliable supply chains, and providing guidance on production planning and management. Tisser also offers assistance with product design, packaging, and branding, enabling artisans to create marketable and competitive products.
Furthermore, Tisser aids artisans in marketing and promotion by leveraging its global platform. Through effective online and offline marketing strategies, Tisser showcases the artisans’ work, enhances their visibility, and expands their customer base. By curating collections and highlighting the unique stories behind each product, Tisser helps artisans connect with consumers on a deeper level.
Financial support is also a crucial aspect of Tisser’s end-to-end assistance. They work towards ensuring fair prices for artisans, enabling them to earn a sustainable income from their craft. Tisser facilitates transparent transactions and fair trade practices, promoting equitable partnerships between buyers and sellers.
By providing handholding and comprehensive support through the entire value chain, Tisser empowers artisans to thrive and succeed in the market. This holistic approach helps create sustainable livelihoods, preserves traditional crafts, and ensures the continued growth and prosperity of the artisan community.
B. Strengthening the Decentralized Production Model: Tisser is dedicated to strengthening the decentralized production model as part of its mission to support artisans and weavers. They recognize the importance of local production and the positive impact it can have on communities and the overall economy.
Here are some ways in which Tisser strengthens the decentralized production model:
1. Empowering Local Artisans: Tisser actively collaborates with local artisans and weavers, empowering them to be key contributors to the production process. By providing them with resources, training, and market access, Tisser helps artisans develop their skills, enhance their productivity, and become self-reliant.
2. Promoting Rural Livelihoods: Tisser understands that decentralized production plays a vital role in creating sustainable livelihoods in rural areas. By supporting artisans and weavers in their local communities, Tisser helps generate employment opportunities and economic growth, reducing the need for migration to urban areas.
3. Preserving Traditional Crafts: Decentralized production allows artisans to continue practicing and preserving traditional crafts and techniques. Tisser actively promotes and celebrates these cultural heritage crafts, encouraging artisans to pass down their knowledge and skills to future generations.
4. Fostering Entrepreneurship: Tisser supports artisans in becoming entrepreneurs within their communities. They provide guidance on business development, marketing strategies, and access to markets, enabling artisans to establish their own enterprises and contribute to the local economy.
5. Ensuring Fair Trade: Tisser promotes fair trade practices in decentralized production. They emphasize transparency, fair pricing, and ethical sourcing, ensuring that artisans receive fair compensation for their work. This not only empowers artisans economically but also fosters a sense of dignity and respect for their craftsmanship.
6. Strengthening Local Supply Chains: Tisser works closely with local suppliers and producers, creating a robust network of decentralized production. By strengthening local supply chains, Tisser ensures the availability of high-quality materials, supports local businesses and reduces dependency on centralized manufacturing.
Through these efforts, Tisser strengthens the decentralized production model, creating a sustainable and inclusive ecosystem that benefits artisans, weavers, and their communities. By valuing and supporting local production, Tisser contributes to the preservation of traditional crafts, the empowerment of artisans, and the overall socio-economic development of the regions they operate in.
C. Increasing Demand for Crafts & Strengthening Market Linkages: Tisser is committed to increasing the demand for crafts and strengthening market linkages for artisans and weavers. Recognizing the importance of market access for sustainable livelihoods, Tisser implements strategies to enhance the demand for handmade products and connect artisans with a wider customer base.
Here’s how they achieve this:
1. Market Research and Trends: Tisser conducts market research to identify consumer preferences, emerging trends, and market demands. This enables them to curate collections that align with current market needs and offer products that appeal to a broader customer base.
2. Product Development and Innovation: Tisser collaborates with artisans to develop new products that blend traditional craftsmanship with contemporary designs and functionalities. By encouraging innovation and product diversification, Tisser expands the range of offerings, catering to different consumer preferences and increasing demand.
3. Branding and Packaging: Tisser focuses on branding and packaging to enhance the appeal and marketability of handmade products. They work closely with artisans to create attractive packaging designs that highlight the unique qualities of each product. Effective branding and packaging help products stand out and attract customer attention.
4. Online and Offline Marketing: Tisser leverages digital platforms and social media to promote artisans’ work and reach a wider audience. They maintain an online marketplace where customers can explore and purchase handmade products. Additionally, Tisser participates in trade fairs, exhibitions, and events to showcase artisans’ creations and interact directly with customers.
5. Collaborations and Partnerships: Tisser forms collaborations and partnerships with like-minded organizations, retailers, and designers to expand market linkages. These partnerships enable artisans to access new distribution channels, enter different market segments, and reach customers who appreciate handmade products.
6. Education and Awareness: Tisser actively raises awareness about the value of handmade crafts and the stories behind them. They educate consumers about the social and environmental benefits of supporting artisans and the positive impact their purchases can have on local communities. By fostering a deeper understanding and appreciation for crafts, Tisser helps create a demand-driven market.
By increasing demand for crafts and strengthening market linkages, Tisser creates sustainable opportunities for artisans and weavers. Their efforts not only contribute to the economic empowerment of artisans but also foster the preservation of traditional crafts, and cultural heritage, and the growth of the handmade sector.
D. Building a Multi-Stakeholder approach through partnerships & collaborations: Tisser adopts a multi-stakeholder approach by actively engaging in partnerships and collaborations to maximize its impact in supporting artisans and weavers across India. Recognizing the value of collective efforts, Tisser collaborates with various stakeholders to create a holistic ecosystem that addresses the diverse needs of the artisan community.
Here’s how Tisser builds a multi-stakeholder approach through partnerships and collaborations:
1. Artisan Cooperatives and Self-Help Groups: Tisser works closely with artisan cooperatives and self-help groups, forming long-term partnerships to support their development. By collaborating with these organizations, Tisser gains a deeper understanding of the challenges faced by artisans and tailors their interventions to address their specific needs.
2. NGOs and Social Enterprises: Tisser collaborates with NGOs and social enterprises ( Corporates with CSR activities) that share similar missions and values. By joining forces, they pool their resources, expertise, and networks to amplify their impact. These collaborations often involve joint initiatives, capacity-building programs, and advocacy efforts to create sustainable livelihoods for artisans.
3. Government Agencies and Development Organizations: Tisser engages with government agencies and development organizations to leverage their resources and create an enabling environment for artisans. This collaboration includes advocating for policies and programs that support the growth of the handicraft sector, promoting fair trade practices, Selling products, and ensuring artisans’ rights are protected.
4. Retailers and E-commerce Platforms: Tisser partners with retailers and e-commerce platforms to expand market reach and create more opportunities for artisans to sell their products apart from having its own e-commerce platform. By collaborating with these entities, Tisser helps artisans access larger customer bases, gain exposure to new markets, and build sustainable market linkages.
5. Designers and Artists: Tisser collaborates with designers and artists to bring fresh perspectives and innovation to traditional crafts. These collaborations often result in the creation of unique and contemporary products that appeal to a wider audience. By partnering with designers and artists, Tisser fosters creative exchanges and promotes the fusion of traditional craftsmanship with modern aesthetics.
6. Financial Institutions and Impact Investors: Tisser desires to work with financial institutions and impact investors to secure funding and investment for artisan-centric initiatives. These partnerships help mobilize resources for capacity-building programs, market development, and infrastructure improvements. By attracting financial support, Tisser strengthens its ability to provide comprehensive support to artisans and scale its impact.
Through these partnerships and collaborations, Tisser builds a multi-stakeholder approach that brings together diverse expertise, resources, and perspectives. This approach ensures a more holistic and sustainable support system for artisans, driving positive social and economic change in the communities they serve.